There are many foods that can stain your teeth. In fact, there are many drinks that can stain your teeth too! Keeping your smile white and bright is essential for many in their personal and professional life.
Our dentists, Dr. Dilip Dudhat, cares about your smile. That is why our team at American Dental Associates in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is eager to share with you a few things that could create discoloring to your teeth.
Here is a list of a few things that could stain your teeth:
– Wine: Both red and white wine can color your tooth enamel. White wine is high in acidities that stain your teeth more than the penetrating color of the dark red wine.
– Coffee: The dark and thick constituent of coffee can discolor your enamel over time.
– Curry: A popular flavor among many dishes called curry can discolor your teeth because of the pigment and sticky substance.
– Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in acids that infiltrate your tooth enamel and can cause severe staining.
– Berries: Berries are tasty and healthy, yet many are dark in color and cling to your teeth causing them to stain.
– Sodas and sports drinks: These drinks are a favorite but extremely high in acids that are known to damage your teeth, including sugar-free ones.
As you can see, everyday treats can cause staining to your teeth making it essential to keep up with your oral hygiene. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to make an appointment with a professional, please call us at 215-331-1330 today.